Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 2 For the love of dog

Animals are such agreeable friends.
They ask no questions. They pass no criticisms.

George Elliott


I woke up this morning with rain heavily crashing down on the world. The sound was comforting but not as heartwarming as the feel of Gwynn's head on my leg. I sat up on my elbow and smiled at the sight of our dog curled up at the foot of the bed using me as her pillow.

Tom was already gone. He left for the Dive Shop early this morning. I slowly made my way downstairs and Gwynn happily padded after me following me everywhere.

I sat at the table outside on our lanai poised to do some more homework. I had so much to do. I didn't eat. I didn't shower. I didn't even brush my teeth yet. My hair was hurriedly tied into a ponytail. Even my pajamas were askew. I was so focused on my paper. Shortly after snapping this photo of her and apologizing for my disheveled state, Gwynn stood up and put her paws on my leg and gave me her version of a kiss. I still can't believe how great of a dog we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment