Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 30 A Million Dollar Question


I remember a game my father used to play with my sister and I when we were kids. We called it The Million Bucks game. The rules were very simple. My dad would ask, "If you had a million bucks, what would you do with it?" There were no wrong or better answers. We would let our imaginations run and could talk about it for hours. The point of the exercise was to encourage dreaming. My dad used to say that there was no harm in dreaming. Let your mind go wild and think of all possibilities. My sister and I would sometimes change things up and say, 'hey, what if you can't get that, what would you get instead?' Ah, good times. . .

I don't know why I was reminded of this game when I saw this boat on my way home from work. I laughed out loud. A brand new boat parked in front of, well, at least on the exterior, a dilapidated house.

It's a "Caption this Photo" moment. My first thought was "Everyone has priorities." And laughed again.  A shiny new boat or fix a house on the brink of collapse. I was amused and laughed again.

If you had a million bucks, what would you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment