Friday, January 4, 2013

The Beginning




It is pouring rain outside. Large raindrops pelting the windows and people either sit in their cars or run for shelter. A few minutes ago, it was sunny. The morning has been oscillating between sunny and rainy.

I watch others around me. Many are focused on their own screens. Some focused on conversations. A boy sits on the couch, asleep. The hustle and bustle of the baristas add to the background noise. Starbucks is busy today. Again.

I am distracted from the list of things I need to accomplish today. A paper needs to be redone, CEUs to complete for AMR, discussion posts to write . . .

I am distracted and I look at articles on StumbleUpon. I find a post about the 365 Project. I am intrigued. I spend the last half hour reading about the project and looking at what others have published. 

I am intrigued. The project calls to me. A photo a day to chronicle my life for the next year. What an idea! What appeals to me is the thought of reading my posts a year from now.

So, here, I start my 365 project. And I share it with you.

*********************************************************************************
I want to credit Esmeralda Sanguino for my pictures featured above. Walking into her home was like walking into another world. Her beautiful artistic work covered her walls. Her stories about each one made them so much more interesting. I admire her talent and I really enjoyed visiting with her and her family. I hope that one day, when I visit New York again, I would see the cafe she and her husband dreams of having displaying the beautiful work that she produces with love.

Her husband is a sailor with our US Navy. I love their partnership. He does all the background work for her so she can concentrate on her art. My only regret is that I met them only days before our tour in Japan was over.  I wish I had met them earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment