Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 22 Market Diversity


The Makuu Farmer's Market is always a great place to be on a Sunday. For $30, we had several bags full of green, leafy vegetables and fruits that will last for days.

I love the market! It is so full of life and interesting people. There are so many varieties of food that one can be quite stuffed very happily before leaving the place. The vendors seem to multiply each Sunday.

I made stir fry with chicken and bakchoy for dinner. We sat down and enjoyed a good homecooked meal. It's been a while. I've been too busy to cook healthy meals.

The market not only reflects the variety of fruits and vegetables available but, I think, it also reflects such a diverse group of people. Sometimes, I find a seat somewhere and enjoy watching people.

Going to this market always reaffirms my motivation to eat healthy. It also always makes me appreciate human diversity . . . if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about :-) It's a good thing. One appreciates being just like everyone else but, being unique, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment